Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday blogging

Today is my birthday so I took the day off from work, which made a nice 3-day weekend, except for the fact that all of the mammals that legally live here are under the weather. Lee J and I have colds, Chubba Bubba has a sinus infection and is sneezing on everything, and Doris has a swollen chin that she probably got fighting.

Other than that, it was a nice weekend. The weather was good, there was plenty of sports on the TV and the extra day let me relax before getting back to the phone bank and voter registration. Lee J had a cake made for me in the shape of my car (shown here) by Patty's Pastry Creations. She also got me a cell phone, so I'm part of the Borg, now. She also took me out to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, Jhanthong Banbua.

I got a gift card from my mom, money from my in-laws and the present I got for myself showed up on time. I spent the day like I've usually done in recent years by puttering about the house, surfing the net and napping, with a loud soundtrack of guitar rock, with Tool, Tantric, T Rex and Stereolab all conveniently located near each other on the CD shelf.

No comments: