Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sleepless in Santa Rosa

What is it that causes the body to reject the sleep cycle for no good reason? Last night I went to bed on time and just couldn't get to get to sleep. I hadn't had any caffeine since 9am. I didn't eat anything wierd, no medication other than the allergy med I take every day. I don't think I'm under any particular stress, nothing noisy was going on outside. The only thing I can think of is that it was a little warm and we still have the winter bedding on. That doesn't seem to be enough on its own.

I hate that shit, man. The longer I toss and turn, the angrier I get and the sleeplessness feeds itself. The next day is wasted, although today I forced myself to plant some strawberries in the garden. Maybe a shot of Jaegermeister befor bed tonight.

No comments: